Ready to start syncing data from ServiceNow to your other tools? Here's everything you need to know.
What does this article cover?
- What does Unito sync from ServiceNow?
- Which fields can Unito sync?
- How do I connect ServiceNow to Unito?
- Limitations and other considerations
Note: Our ServiceNow integration is currently a Lite connector, which means it doesn’t yet offer the full functionality of our other integrations. We’ll be adding new features and functionality over the next few months based on demand.
What does Unito sync from ServiceNow?
Unito syncs records from ServiceNow — which can be tasks, incidents, and more — to other tools. You can also sync work items from other tools to ServiceNow to create new records automatically. Here's an example of ServiceNow fields mapped with fields in a Jira issue.
Which ServiceNow fields sync with Unito?
Because you can completely customize every single field in ServiceNow, Unito can sync everything in your tables. Some fields, while they can be synced, have certain limitations you should know about.
What about rules?
You can create a Unito in one of two ways:
- With a choice field —like State, Urgency, and Category — filtering out certain options as necessary.
- With any other field, filtering out records when that field is filled or empty. For example, you could filter out any records that don't have due dates filled in.
How do I connect ServiceNow to Unito?
To connect ServiceNow to Unito, you'll only need three things:
- Your ServiceNow username.
- Your ServiceNow password.
- Your ServiceNow Domain URL. If you're not sure how to get this, ask your administrator.
Limitations and other considerations
Since this is one of our Lite connectors, you won't be able to do everything with ServiceNow that you could with a full Unito integration.
- User fields: If user-type fields in your ServiceNow tables don't have public or visible display names, you won't be able to sync display names. Instead, you'll get a long string of alphanumeric characters.
- Required fields: Due to a limitation with ServiceNow's API, fields that you mark as required for creating new records don't have to be included in a Unito flow. This means you could potentially create a Unito flow that doesn't sync required ServiceNow fields, meaning a ServiceNow user may need to manually fill out those fields before new work items can be created.
- Attachments: Syncing attachments isn't possible with this integration.
- Comments: Syncing comments isn't possible with this integration.
- Rich text: Due to a limitation with ServiceNow's API, this integration can't sync rich text (like bold and italics). Avoid using rich text in the work items you're syncing with Unito, or you'll see rich text tags (like <b> Bold title </b>) in other tools.