Looking to sync Outlook events with Unito? Here's what you can expect from this integration.
Included in this article:
- Which Microsoft Outlook work items can sync with Unito?
- Watch Unito's Outlook Calendar integration in action
- Supported fields in Unito's Microsoft Outlook integration
- Limitations and other considerations
- How Unito creates new Outlook events
Which Microsoft Outlook work items can sync with Unito?
Unito's Microsoft Outlook integration supports two different work items: contacts and events.
- Here's an overview of Unito's integration for Microsoft Outlook Contacts.
Each Unito flow can only sync one type of work item: either contacts or events. Any contacts or events synced by your flows will count as an item in sync.
Watch Unito's Outlook Calendar integration in action
Supported fields in Unito's Microsoft Outlook integration
Here are the fields our integration supports when syncing HubSpot deals, as well as the fields you can use in rules.
- One-Way: Changes to the Micrsoft Outlook Calendar event field will appear in the other synced field but not vice versa.
- Two-Way: Changes to either synced field will appear in the other.
- Rules: This event field can be used as a trigger in your rules to filter work items from syncing with Unito.
|Outlook Calendar Event Field||One-Way?||Two-Way?
|Allow new time proposal||✔||✔|
|End date and time||✔||✔|
|Link to event||✔|
|Reminder before start||✔||✔|
|Start date and time||✔||✔|
Limitations and other considerations
- Webhooks: Unito uses webhooks to improve syncing speeds. These aren't available from Outlook events, so your flows will only check for updates every five minutes.
- Recurring events: Currently not supported by this integration. The first event will be synced, but following events won't be.
- Attachments: Only links to attachments can be synced, not the attachment itself. If you include a link in your Outlook event, it will be synced by Unito. But if you upload a file to your event, it won't be synced.
- Attendees: Event attendees can only be synced in one direction.
- Location: Only the name of the location will be synced, not the address
- Compatibility with other tools: Outlook events can't be synced with work items that don't have dates, such as Google contacts or Outlook contacts.
- Compatibility with Slack: Currently, Unito can't sync Outlook events with Slack messages.
- Deleting events: Since Unito doesn't delete work items, you'll need to manually delete any work items you sync your Outlook events with.
- Read-only calendars: Unito can't sync Outlook events into a read-only calendar.
- Historical events: Unito will only sync events over an 18-month period. Six months into the past and 12 months into the future.
How Unito creates new Outlook events
When creating new events in Outlook to keep in sync with work items in other tools, Unito will use the Start Date, Start Time, End Date, and End Time to schedule the event. Note that the name of these fields might be a bit different depending on the tool you're using. Here's what you can expect, depending on which fields are available in the original tool and the fields you've mapped:
|Start Date||Start Time||End Date||End Time||What happens in Outlook|
|✔||Create an all-day event|
|✔||✔||Unito will determine the event end date and time based on your default meeting duration set in Outlook (usually an hour after)|
|✔||Create an all-day event|
|✔||✔||Unito will determine the event start date and time based on your default meeting duration set in Outlook (usually an hour before)|
Create an all-day event if the start date and the end date are on the same day
Got feedback? Submit a Unito feature request to let us know what you'd like to see in the next update to our Microsoft Outlook integration.