Here's a breakdown of what Unito's Jira integration can't do yet — and a few other considerations.
Unito's Jira integration is designed to get crucial data out of your projects and into other tools. You've seen what Unito can do for Jira users, so this article will cover what it can't do — yet.
What this article covers:
- Assignee custom field
- Time tracking
- Story point estimate
- Multi-select dropdown custom field
- Checkbox custom field
- Label custom field
- Linked issues
- Dependencies and mandatory fields: If your Jira issues have mandatory fields, they may not sync over properly to other tools, or be created at all. To achieve smooth functionality, we recommend that you avoid mandatory fields and dependencies in your Jira projects. This includes linked issues, which aren't supported by this integration.
- Sprints: Unito can only sync Jira sprints that meet the three following requirements: they have to be active, they have to be associated with a board, and that board has to be associated with a project.
- Initiatives: Syncing Initiatives as parent tasks isn't supported, but Unito can sync the content inside the initiatives.
- Permissions: You need administrator permissions to connect your Jira account to Unito. Once the account is connected, you only need project-level admin permissions to create a flow. You can learn more about required Jira permissions here.
- Syncing subtasks as parent tasks: This isn't currently supported. Subtasks can only be synced with subasks in other tools.
- Custom issue types: While this field is supported for parent issues, it isn't supported for sub-items.
- Edited comments: When you edit comments in Jira, these edits won't be synced over to other projects or other tools. That's because Unito only syncs new comments, not any edits to existing comments.
Other Jira considerations
We need Admin permissions, application link setup, and public email visibility on Jira settings for authentication. If you use an embedded version of our Jira integration, you can bypass the application link setup.
In order to connect an on-premise Jira Server or Jira Data Center to Unito, it needs to be accessible via the internet. If that isn't the case, please read our guide to set this up, or contact us if you’re not sure how to proceed!
Jira’s Time spent field is incremental and as such can only increase in value. The field it is mapped to will be able to update it as long as its value is greater than the current time spent in Jira. If the value in the field is less than Jira’s Time spent, it will not be updated.
Got feedback? Submit a Unito feature request to let us know what you'd like to see in the next update to our Jira integration.