What this article covers:
- Why change the tool account?
- How to change tool accounts
Why would you change the tool account?
When Unito synchronizes two tools, it uses a specific account (one per tool) to perform operations such as creating and updating tasks, or adding comments.
Most of the time this is the same tool account you use to connect your tools.
Sometimes you need to change it for, for example when switching to a Bot User.
How to change tool accounts
- Log out from your personal user in the tool (e.g. Asana, Jira, etc.) itself
- Log in to the tool (e.g. Asana, Jira, etc.) itself as the account you want to use
- From the Dashboard, locate the Integrations sidebar, and click the Connect account button in the Tool panel.
- Authorize the connection. You'll now have at least two accounts in the tool panel.
- Edit the flow you want to transfer by clicking the down arrow at the right-hand side of your flow and selecting EDIT.
- On the Blocks of work tab, expand the Accounts used to access your blocks pull-down on the relevant side, and select the new connector you wish to use for synchronization.
- Click Save and close.
Your flow will begin synchronizing with the new account.
Note: You can only change to an account that has access to the synchronized project or folder. If you have a 'no access' warning like in the screenshot above, simply give that user access to the relevant projects, and you'll be good to go!