What this article covers:
- What a connector is and why you might change it
- How to change connectors
What is a connector and why would you change it?
When Unito synchronizes two tools, it uses a specific connector (one per tool) to perform operations such as creating and updating tasks, or adding comments.
Most of the time this connector is the personal user you use to connect your tools.
Sometimes you need to change that connector for existing syncs, for example when switching to a Bot User.
How to change connectors
- Log out from your personal user in the tool (e.g. Asana, Jira, etc.) itself
- Log in to the tool (e.g. Asana, Jira, etc.) itself as the Bot User you want to use
- From the Unito App, locate the Your Connectors sidebar, and click the Add Connector button in the Tool panel.
- Authorize the connection. You'll now have at least two connectors in the tool panel.
- Edit the sync you want to transfer by clicking the down arrow at the right-hand side of your sync and selecting EDIT.
- On the "Projects" tab, expand the "Sync Changes with this user" pull-down on the relevant side and select the new connector you wish to use for synchronization.
- Click SAVE & SYNC.
Your sync will begin synchronizing with the new connector.
Note: You can only change a connector that has access to the synchronized project or folder. If you have a 'no access' warning like in the screenshot above, simply give that user access to the relevant projects, and you'll be good to go!