The main difference between the two is that Mirror operates at the card level, whereas Board sync operates at the board level.
The Mirror Power-up adds a button to the back of your Trello cards that enables you to Mirror any individual card with another board. Attributes within the card, such as due dates, labels and comments are synchronized bi-directionally between both cards.
Some common Mirror use-cases:
- Delegate a task to a team member
- Share information between different team members
- Mirror a card to a centralized project
- Share certain cards to a client board
And many more!
Board Sync Use-Cases
Board Sync lets you sync all cards within a board (or a subset that you determine with filters) to other boards or even other tools. One difference that Board Sync provides is the option to sync lists, so that whenever cards move between lists on one board, we can sync that movement across to other boards, too!
Being able to sync boards together opens up some powerful productivity possibilities! You’re able to synchronise one board to another, but the most interesting feature that Board sync provides is the ability to sync multiple boards together (Multi-sync).
Some common Multi-sync use-cases:
- Curate a central backlog and distribute to the right product, project or team
- Build a master plan or campaign, dispatch work, and track progress
- Create a live dashboard of key activities that span teams, projects and tools
- Create a personal to-do list by aggregating tasks from many projects