Before you can connect your JIRA account in Unito, JIRA itself must be configured to recognize the Unito app. Here's the one-time-setup for the necessary “Application Link” in JIRA.
Note: You will need to have administrator access to your JIRA account.
Note: Running your JIRA Server on-premise? You may need to complete a few extra steps to connect your server to Unito.
Set Up an Application Link in JIRA
- Log in to JIRA and, in the Administration list (click on the cog icon in the top right), head to Applications.
- Click on Application Links
- Enter https://app.unito.io in the Application field and click Create new link.
- If the popup warns about a missing response, you can safely ignore it and click Continue.
- In the “Link Applications” modal window, complete these fields and leave the others blank.
Application Name: Unito
Application Type: Generic Application
Create incoming link: checked
Note: If other fields are marked as required, you can enter any value in them.
- In the second form (last one, promise), complete these fields.
Consumer Key: unito (all lower case)
Consumer Name: Unito
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDKYFuFsWD7ShJeazewedP2jUZt ueK30giaA2QSGfhkryQHdwK0YGVGCgJ42muX/Aw53wdpl7g+7Xq8aO/xV7JjO5RG e3VSBzKUak0/PhHYrg2Cvrj3hws833f3cXSlntMnT7Y/PGfQYyOUmzNBIha1IRrQ CHeNnq2VbC6N9SL55wIDAQAB -----END PUBLIC KEY-----
- Click Continue
If JIRA gives your a warning or error about connecting to a server, you can safely ignore it.
You're done! You're now ready to connect your JIRA from the Unito app.
- While you're logged in as admin, you might want to create a dedicated sync account as well.
- Having trouble connecting your JIRA server? Please run this troubleshooting checklist.