When Unito synchronizes two apps, it uses a specific sync account (one per app) to perform operations such as creating and updating tasks, or adding comments.
Most of the time this account is the personal account you use to connect your tools.
Sometimes you need to change that account for existing syncs, for example when switching to a dedicated sync account.
Here's how to switch your sync account:
- Log out from your personal account in the tool (e.g. Asana, JIRA, etc.) itself
- Log in within the tool (e.g. Asana, JIRA, etc.) itself as the account you want to use
- From the Unito App, locate the YOUR ACCOUNTS sidebar, and click the ADD ACCOUNT button in the Tool panel.
- Authorize the connection. You'll now have at least two linked accounts in the tool account panel.
- Edit the sync you want to transfer by clicking the down arrow at the right-hand side of your sync and selecting EDIT.
- On the "Projects" tab, expand the SYNC ACCOUNT pull-down on the relevant side and select the new account you wish to use for synchronization.
- Click SAVE & SYNC.
Your sync will begin synchronizing with the new account.
Note: You can only change an account that has access to the synchronized project or folder - if you have a 'no access' warning like in the screenshot above, simply give that account access to the relevant projects, and you'll be good to go!