If you need to sync multiple projects together, the new Sync Wizard is what you need 🧙!
Multi-syncs are one of the three types of syncs you can create with Unito. They're key to unlocking collaboration across teams, projects and tools. Whenever you add a new sync, you'll be asked to pick:
Two quick recommendations before throwing you into the deep end:
- Create projects with test data: if you are new to the multi-sync creation, it’s best to set up a few projects with test data. That way, you’ll be able to play and adjust the configuration of your multi-sync before you launch it in the real world!
- Don’t be shy about contacting us: if at any point you get stuck or you’re not sure where to go next, don’t be shy about reaching out! The Unito team will be more than happy to give you a hand!
How do you want this multi-sync to work?
When creating a Multi-sync, you'll be asked to describe, in words, what you're trying to achieve. This is what it looks like; let's walk through it!
Depending on your previous choice, a natural language form will guide you to select the connectors you’d like to sync and the main project of your split or merge multi-sync.
The next step is to choose the criteria that determine which tasks will go to which projects. Select the filter type you want to apply and the different values associated to the different project.
Each row you add represents an individual mirror sync. For each sync, you’ll be able to apply some specific configuration such as:
- Sync direction: choose to sync your in one or both directions
- Auto-sync: Auto-sync determines whether or not we’ll automatically sync your tasks, or whether we’ll wait for you to click the ‘sync now’ button manually. By default, auto-sync is turned off.
Which fields should be matched
This step allows you to customize the General settings (first tab) which concerns only field mapping and will be applied on all of the individual syncs that are part of the multi-sync.
You can also configure specific settings per sync (2nd tab) in order to configure fields like status or labels that will require a slightly deeper configuration.
Ready to start syncing?
That’s it! the last thing to do is to name your multi-sync and you’re ready to launch 🚀. Here we go!
- The wizard is in beta, but is learning every day. If you have feedback, issues or requests to share, please do contact his coach (that's us)
- So far the wizard can only handle one type of filter at a time, and a maximum of two tools.