Building a Personal View Workflow
Combine tasks from any number of projects into a single tool of your choice. Because Unito is a syncing engine instead of a task-level sync, once you set up the rules for a sync you don't have to worry about checking the source projects for tasks that you're responsible again. They'll all be in your destination tool.
This is probably the easiest kind of workflow to create. Let's assume that you're creating your personal view in Trello, but these steps will work for any tool.
For every single project that people assign you work in, you'll need to make a separate sync with the same steps.
- Go to app.unito.io
- Create a new sync
- Select the source app & project that you want to sync only tasks assigned to you from
- In the Only sync tasks assigned to any of these people Put in your name and click Next
- Create a new Trello board as your destination
- Under Only sync tasks with any of the following labels put something memorable which references the source project. You need to do this because syncs are 2 way, and if you don't apply an incoming tag, all of the tasks from every project will sync to each other and make a mess
- Click on Save & Sync (or Customize Sync if Save & Sync isn't available)
- The cards copy over!
- Maybe you want to change the lists in your Trello board from Unito's default to something more customized. Feel free, and when you've finished creating the lists in your destination Trello board, it's easy to update what happens
- Go back to app.unito.io, click on Edit Sync for the sync you just built
- Click on the Fields menu option
- Scroll down to List / State mapping and click on the blue gear
- Re-map how lists and statuses are mapped between the two tools
- When then sync updates, all of the cards will move where the new configuration says they should
Now repeat for every other project that you need to look at tasks in, but on step 6 syncing them to the same Trello board as the one you just created. There you go: you've built your own personal view workflow!