Building a Personal View Workflow
Combine tasks from any number of projects into a single tool of your choice. Because Unito is a syncing engine instead of a task-level sync, once you set up the rules for a sync you don't have to worry about checking the source projects for tasks that you're responsible again. They'll all be in your destination tool.
This is probably the easiest kind of workflow to create. The idea is simple: You have a lot of different tasks you're keeping track of across tools, and you want to centralize them in one place so you can just work from a single inbox. With Unito, this is easy! Let's assume that you're creating your personal view in Trello, but these steps will work for any tool.
First things first: Create your own personal Trello board that you'll sync all of your projects to. In there, you'll want to create a label that's unique for each project that you want to sync with. You'll see why that's important in a moment!
For every single project that people assign you work in, you'll need to make a separate sync with the same steps.
- Go to app.unito.io
- Create a new sync between your personal board and your first project board.
- In the "Filter Tasks" tab, create a new filter on the project's side. Make it Only sync tasks assigned to any of these people, and put in your name.
- On your inbox's side, put in another filter, but this time for labels: Only sync tasks with any of the following labels. Put something memorable which references the source project. You need to do this because syncs are 2 way, and if you don't apply an incoming tag, all of the tasks from every project will sync to each other and make a mess!
- If you'd like to map additional fields together, you can do that next - make sure to check out our guide on status mapping for additional details!
- Click on Create Sync!
- The relevant cards copy over, and life is good.
Now repeat for every other project that you need to look at tasks in. Notice how when the tasks comes in, they're automatically tagged with the label that you picked for that project? That's because of how we automatically apply labels to incoming cards, and it's there to not only show you where cards are originating from, but also to prevent cards from syncing to places they shouldn't!
And There you have it: you've built your own personal view workflow!