Project View workflows combine elements of personal view workflows and team view workflows. Project (or product) managers often need to maintain backlogs and requests from many sources of information, and then need to dispatch those requests to the correct team to implement them. Ideally, they serve less as a roadblock and more as a structured conduit for information.
Here's how they can serve as that conduit between teams with the help of Unito:
First, create a “Project sync” of the issues that you need to be informed of. You could choose to filter by label, person, or, for some apps, issue type. But because we're creating a master backlog of issues from several sources, we're not going to filter at all.
- Go to app.unito.io
- Create a new sync
- Create a new Trello board as your destination
- Under Only sync tasks with any of the following labels put something memorable which references the source project. You need to do this because syncs are 2 way, and if you don't apply an incoming tag, all of the tasks from every project will sync to each other and make a mess
- Click on Save & Sync (or Customize Now if Save & Sync isn't available)
- The cards copy over!
- Maybe you want to change the lists in your Trello board from Unito's default to something more customized. Feel free, and when you've finished creating the lists in your destination Trello board, it's easy to update what happens
- Go back to app.unito.io, click on Edit Sync for the sync you just built
- Click on the blue FIELDS menu option
- Scroll down to List / State mapping and click on the blue gear
- Re-map how lists and statuses are mapped between the two tools
- When then sync updates, all of the cards will move where the new configuration says they should
Duplicate this for any other apps where you receive feedback and requests from. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW step 4, otherwise your cards will all cross-sync to every other project and make a complete mess of your work spaces. :/
Once you have created your master backlog, then you're going to create a “Team View Workflow” as described here.