Sometimes when you create a sync between many boards, if you don't watch your settings, you can end up with all of the cards from all of the boards synced to every other board. It can be a real mess! Fortunately, you can easily clean up duplicated cards by applying some labels and filtering.
Here’s how to get the duplicate cards we created gone:
- Create a brand new label in both of your synced projects. Its name doesn't matter, but it has to be unused. A name like 'cleanup' is a good example.
- Go to the Unito dashboard, and click on the name of your sync to customize it.
- Under your first app's tab, under 'only sync tasks with any of the following labels', enter in your brand new 'cleanup' label.
- Do the same for your second tab - add in your 'cleanup' label under the 'only sync tasks with any of the following labels'.
- Save and sync!
That's it! Because our filters are dynamic, we will see with this that none of the cards we created match the new criteria (since your new 'cleanup' label hasn't been applied to anything), and as a result, we'll archive all of the cards we've created that don't match that.
There are a few things to note with this method:
- This method will not close original tasks; only ones that Unito has created. This is in accordance with our content deletion policy.
- This method will not work for duplicates which originate from Wrike or Basecamp.
- This is because neither Wrike nor Basecamp have labels that we can filter by, which means we can't close tasks that don't match the filters.
- If tasks went from a tool with labels into Wrike/Basecamp, we should be able to clean that up if you simply apply a label filter to the other side, as mentioned above; we just won't be able to clean up tasks which originated in Wrike or Basecamp.
As always, if you're uncomfortable with the above method, or have questions/concerns, feel free to contact us! You can just click the little green button in the bottom right corner to speak with us directly, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.