What this article covers:
- How to duplicate flows from the flow list
- How to duplicate flows from the workflow designer
- What is and isn't duplicated
- Common uses cases for flow duplication
We've launched an evolution of our product, so some of the terminology and guidance in this article might be a bit out of date, and we're working hard to update it. You can learn more about our new workflow offering here, brush up on the new terminology here, and find out how to build your first workflow here.
How to duplicate a flow from the flow list
1. Sign into Unito and go to the Flows screen
2. Click the three dots on the right side of the flow you want to duplicate. Select “Duplicate” from the dropdown menu.
3. This will bring you into the flow creation screen. Choose your blocks from among your connected tools.
4. Rules will populate automatically based on the original flow you duplicated.
Note: Unito will let you know if any of the duplicated rules are not accessible by the blocks of the new flow
5. Field mappings will also be automatically pulled from the original flow (so “label” maps to “tag”) but not the actual values in those fields (so not “red label” maps to “blue tag”) unless they share a name. It’s important that you go in and map the values and make any other adjustments you might need.
6. Publish your duplicate flow!
How to duplicate flows from the workflow designer
If your workflow has more than one flow, you may notice a pop-up when you click on the plus sign to edit your flow.
To duplicate your flow, you just need to click on Start from an existing flow. From there, you can pick the flow you want to start from and then follow the same steps as above.
The rules and field mappings from the original flow will be automatically duplicated. All that's needed is to quickly review the settings to make sure they match your flow, and you're done!
Note: To be able to duplicate a flow, at least one tool and one block must be the same for each flow. For instance, if you duplicate an Asana to Trello flow, the duplicated flow must include either Asana or Trello and the associated block from the original flow.
What is and isn't duplicated
Your rules and custom field mappings will be automatically copied when you duplicate your flow, as well as flow direction. So if your original flow is set up to sync in one direction, your duplicated flow will automatically copy this over.
Here are a few things flow duplication can't do quite yet:
- Duplicate fields with multiple values, such as labels, tags, status, and sections.
- Duplicate auto-sync status. Duplicated flows will automatically be switched to only sync new items until you change this.
- You can't change the tool account used in a duplicated flow.