What this article covers:
- How to duplicate flows with Unito
- Common uses cases for flow duplication
We've launched an evolution of our product, so some of the terminology and guidance in this article might be a bit out of date, and we're working hard to update it. You can learn more about our new workflow offering here, brush up on the new terminology here, and find out how to build your first workflow here.
Unito’s integrations have always saved people time, by removing a lot of the manual work associated with managing items and blocks of work. Now you can save even more time by duplicating flows within your workflow. In just a few clicks, you can create a new flow that already has the rules and field mappings you need.
How to duplicate a flow
1. Sign into Unito and go to Flows screen
2. Click the three dots on the right side of the flow you want to duplicate. Select “Duplicate” from the dropdown menu.
3. This will bring you into the flow creation screen. Choose your blocks from among your connected tools.
4. Rules will populate automatically based on the original flow you duplicated.
Note: Unito will let you know if any of the duplicated rules are not accessible by the blocks of the new flow
5. Field mappings will also be automatically pulled from the original flow (so “label” maps to “tag”) but not the actual values in those fields (so not “red label” maps to “blue tag”) unless they share a name. It’s important that you go in and map the values and make any other adjustments you might need.
6. Publish your duplicate flow!
Flow duplication use cases
- Users with a lot of flows or frequent/repeated work items
- Agencies, freelancers, or consultants who want to create templated flows for each new client
- Development or support teams working with a ticketing system