What this article covers:
- How existing syncs are treated when you change Unito plans
- FAQs about grandfathered syncs
- How upgrading your plan affects your syncs
How existing syncs are treated when you change Unito plans
When we transition to new subscription plans, we grandfather your existing syncs so they remain unaffected by the new plans. In other words, the new plan will only affect new syncs you create.
FAQs about grandfathered syncs
Do grandfathered syncs count against my sync limit?
- They do not count against your plan’s sync limit. New plans typically have a limit on the total number of auto-syncs you have running. Any grandfathered sync will not count towards your plan’s limits, meaning that if you have 10 grandfathered syncs and you now have a limit of 5, you will be able to create 5 more syncs on top of your existing ones, so a total of 15.
Do grandfathered syncs keep the same features?
- They are full featured. New plans typically have limits on which features can be enabled on syncs. Any grandfathered sync will continue to have access to all features it previously had.
What happens if the old syncs are deleted?
- They are lost if deleted. If you delete one of your grandfathered syncs, it cannot be recovered and its benefits are lost.
Remember, any new sync you create will have to respect your new plan’s limits. You will still be able to create any number of sync with any feature you wish, but if you go over your plan’s limits with a sync, it will be forced to manual mode.
How upgrading your plan affects your syncs
Depending on your plan, you may have a limited number of auto syncs, while all other syncs have to be triggered manually. When you upgrade, you'll instantly have access to more auto syncs, and you can switch any manual syncs to auto syncs. For example, if you upgraded from the Team to the Business plan, you'd go from 15 to 40 auto syncs.
Some of our plans also boast additional features, such as subtask and custom field syncing. If you upgrade to one of these plans, you can edit any of your syncs to add these features.
Questions about which plan is best for your needs? Please reach out!