What this article covers:
- What is a multi-sync?
- How to build a multi-sync
We've launched an evolution of our product, so some of the terminology and guidance in this article might be a bit out of date, and we're working hard to update it. You can learn more about our new workflow offering here, brush up on the new terminology here, and find out how to build your first workflow here.
What is a multi-sync?
Multi-syncs are one of the types of sync you can create with Unito. They're key to unlocking collaboration across teams, projects and tools.
Two quick recommendations before throwing you into the deep end:
- Create projects with test data: if you are new to the multi-sync creation, it’s best to set up a few projects with test data. That way, you’ll be able to play and adjust the configuration of your multi-sync before you launch it in the real world!
- Don’t be shy about contacting us: if at any point you get stuck or you’re not sure where to go next, don’t be shy about reaching out! The Unito team will be more than happy to give you a hand!
How to build a multi-sync
When creating a Multi-sync, you'll need to start by identifying you're trying to achieve.
First, choose if you want to share tasks or gather tasks from different projects.
Then you'll select the connectors and projects you’d like to sync.
Definition: A connector allows Unito to access data inside one of your tools (like Trello, Asana, Jira, etc.)
The next step is to choose the criteria that determine which tasks will go to which projects. Select the filter type you want to apply and the different values associated to the different project.
Note: Depending on the tool you select, different types of filters will be suggested ( labels, assignees, task type, milestone, ...). Make sure that your tasks are set up to be filtered with these fields!
For each sync, you’ll be able to apply some specific configuration such as:
- Sync direction: choose to sync your in one or both directions
- Auto-sync: Auto-sync determines whether or not we’ll automatically sync your tasks, or whether we’ll wait for you to click the ‘sync now’ button manually. By default, auto-sync is turned off.
Which fields should be matched
You can also customize your sync by manually mapping fields between projects or tools.
That’s it! the last thing to do is to name your multi-sync and you’re ready to launch 🚀. Here we go!