What this article covers:
- Best use cases for a Jira-Trello integration
- What is synced between Jira and Trello
- What is not synced
- Jira-Trello customization options
Jira and Trello, when used in combination, allow for various live visualizations of your team's work. Lists, Kanban boards, calendars... More possibilities to make everyone you work with organized and happy, whether they are developers or not!
Best use cases
- Trello: Create a High-Level Roadmap of any Important Project in your Company
- Use Trello as a Live Dashboard Between You and Other Teams (Internal or External)
- Trello: Have a Sprint Kanban Board to Monitor and Share with your Team
- Sync Trello with Jira for Cross-Functional Project Workflows
What is synced?
A field you would like to sync is not listed? Contact us, we may already support it through a manual configuration.
Here are all the available options for Trello and Jira:
Filter synced items
Unito will sync all work items by default but you can customize your workflow by syncing just some of them (complete guide).
Filter by issue type
You can filter which type of issues you want to be synced to Trello (complete guide).
You can choose to sync only from Trello to Jira or Jira from Trello. Here is how it works.
Map your Jira and Trello users
Sync closed items
Unito will automatically sync open items automatically. But here is how you can sync closed items.
Prefix Trello card title with Jira issue number
Unito doesn't sync the issue number to Trello by default but you can enable that in your flow settings under the Jira tab. Here is how to do it.
Default type for new Jira issues
You can choose which type of issue should be created by default in Jira when a new card is created in Trello.