Looking to add Airtable to your workflow? Here's what you can expect from our integration.
In this article:
- Which fields can be synced in Airtable?
- How to add a Last modified time field
- How to connect Airtable to Unito
- Limitations and things to keep in mind
Unito can sync Airtable records with work items in other tools with automated 2-way updates on either end. By creating a Unito flow, you'll be able to turn Airtable records into work items in other tools and vice versa.
This article will give you an overview of supported fields in Airtable, as well as the limitations of Unito's integration.
Which fields can be synced in Airtable?
The table below lists out all the fields you can sync with our Airtable integration, as well as which fields can be used in rules.
|Barcode or QR code||✔||✔||✔|
|Last modified time||✔|
|Link to record||✔|
|Single line text||✔||✔|
- One-Way: Changes to the record in Airtable will appear in the other synced field but not vice versa.
- Two-Way: Changes to either synced field will appear in the other.
- Rules: This field can be used as a trigger in your rules to filter work items from syncing with Unito.
What counts as an item in sync?
For Airtable, Unito counts every synced record as an item in sync.
How to add a Last modified time fieldMake sure to add the Last Modified Time column to bases you want to sync. Unito workflows need this bit of data in order to work properly. You can always hide this column if you don't need to see it, but make sure you don't delete it.
- From your Airtable base, click + to add a column.
- Scroll down the list and look for Last Modified Time. Not to be confused with Last Modified By. They're different fields with similar sounding names, so don't mix them up.
- You can give it a name, or not, but this field won't be mapped by Unito. It is required, however, for your flow to function as intended.
Ready to start building a flow? Browse Unito's resources library for step-by-step Airtable guides, videos, templates, tutorials and more!
How to connect Airtable to Unito
This video will show you the different ways you can connect (or re-connect) Airtable to Unito:
Limitations and other considerations
We’re constantly looking to better support Airtable’s growing list of features, fields, and use cases. Here are a few things you can't do yet:
Connecting tables from other workspaces
Got feedback? Submit a Unito feature request to let us know what you'd like to see in the next update to our Airtable integration.